Thursday, July 19, 2012

May áo đơn giản từ 2 mảnh vải vuông


Wanna learn how to make a super cute and breezy summer top? 
What if I told you it only cost me about 3.50?
And what if I told you it took me about 5 minutes?!

I thought so. 

Guys, this shirt is a dream.
I've been wanting to wear it everyday...
 but since that isn't socially acceptable, I have not. 
It's super light weight and breezy.
Perfect for summer days.
And it's also versatile!
It can be worn many different ways.

Here is how it works...

You need:
2 silk scarves matching in size and color.
Sewing machine, or needle and thread. 

 My studio was way too messy for any good pictures of the process, so I used photoshop.

So, here is a representation of my two scarves.
I got the plain one for about 1.50, and the flower one for about 2.00

I got home and washed them on delicate, then hung them to dry.

You then layer the scarves on top of each other, right sides facing in.
Basically, sew where you see the dotted lines. 
(But probably a bit more even..)
Leave a big enough space for your head, the shirt is meant to be a bit "boat necked."
Also, make sure you leave enough room for your arms, so it's loose and breezy.

The shirt will naturally fall over your shoulders like sleeves.

The scarf should already be hemmed when you buy it, so...
that's all there is! 
4 quick lines on the sewing machine, and you've got a new top! 

Here is a bit of warning, 
in most cases, these silk scarves are delicate and old...
It's not impossible to take stitches out, but it can leave holes, or even tear the fabric.
So, sew carefully!

I hope you try this out, and love it like I do! 
I would love to see pictures of yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment